Monday, October 4, 2010

So What’s the Difference Between Ringtones and Caller Tunes?

MyChennaiMobile.com has the best of both for you!

Ringtone, ringing tone, phone tone, monophonic, polyphonic, true tone, real tone, sing tone, caller tune, call me tune, calling tune.

If you have ever owned a mobile phone, you definitely have come across these terms before one way or another. Probably more than a few times too.

I know I did when I first got my mobile phone. All I wanted to think about was comparing who among my friends had the coolest ring tone and deciding on the hottest caller tune for my phone. They had to be just perfect because they represented me, myself, my identity. Plus it was so much FUN! :P

So what is the difference between ringtones and caller tunes?

A ringtone is the sound that you hear coming from your mobile phone when other people call you.
A caller tune is the sound that other people hear in their mobile phone when they call you.

More technically, ringtones are selected by users on their mobile phone settings. On the other hand, caller tunes are subscribed to from the users’ respective mobile service providers.

Ringtones today include basic monophonic tones, polyphonic melodies and of course, the now popular true tones which are basically excerpts from songs. There are even some “sing tones” which combine recorded voice with background music. In contrast, caller tunes include songs, sound effects and funny scripts.

And why are these ringtones and caller tunes so important that mobile users spend so much time on selecting the right one?
#1: Because they reflect your personality and moods to your callers
#2: Because you can entertain your callers while they wait for you to pick up
#3: Because IT’S FUN! :P

Especially when they are amazing mimicry of your favourite superstars e.g. Rajinikanth, Kamalhassan, Vijay, and so many others, done by the great mimicry talents from Asatha Povathu Yaaru!

To download these unique true tones and caller tunes, just SMS CHENNAI to 36600 on any Digi, Maxis, or Celcom mobile phone and choose what you want from a menu list. Or get more details on how to download, head over to www.MyChennaiMobile.com.

Trust me, it’ll be FUN! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment